David Mahlobo has been appointed the new Minister of energy in President Jacob Zuma’s latest cabinet reshuffle.
Mahlobo was reassigned together with six other members of the national executive, in a shock announcement by the president on Tuesday.
The changes to the national executive are as follows:
- Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize is the Minister of Higher Education and Training
- Ayanda Dlodlo is the Minister of Home Affairs
- Mmamaloko Kubayi is the Minister of Communications
- David Mahlobo is the Minister of Energy
- Bongani Thomas Bongo is the Minister of State Security
- Buti Manamela is the Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training
The president thanked the former members of the National Executive for the good service in their previous portfolios.
“I wish the members who are assuming new portfolios all the best in their new responsibilities,”he said in a statement.