New technologies and innovative approaches are opening doors for Africa’s off-grid and on-grid efforts to increase electricity access. This was according to principal environmental scientist at SRK Consulting, Warrick Stewart. […]
Tag Archives | energy[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="12995071"]
Energy security remains elusive on the African continent and is one of the biggest challenges engulfing the utility sector, according to KPMG experts. The International Energy Agency (IEA) estimates that […]
Power and Electricity World Africa continues to provide the meeting place for buyers, sellers and their partners to do the deals that drive Africa’s energy sector. This is THE place where buyers find solutions to their challenges.
Let’s not forget that our expo presents the largest gathering of solution providers to the African continent
The 20th annual Power and Electricity World Africa is the leading marketplace and ideas exchange for African power producers, large energy users and governments, hungry for innovative solutions.
An estimated 600 million people in Africa live without access to electricity, the majority of which are in remote communities requiring major capital expenditure and time to get connected […]
THE CONFERENCE WILL PROVIDE AN OPPORTUNITY TO:
- debate policy
- review industrial progress and market trends
- discuss the efficiency of various public support mechanisms and public-private partnerships across the continent
- review new data and the latest technological trends globally
Delegates in the early stages of their careers will have an unprecedented opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of the energy sector and to lay the foundations for their role as “Future Energy Leaders”.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Update your knowledge on the current trends within energy across the African continent with input from global authorities
- Explore future trends to position your business as effectively as possible
- Explore the growing interest in ‘green’ and sustainability issues in the context of developing countries. New opportunities will emerge and new careers will be created
- Understand the research needed to transform the primary energy related industries of oil, gas and coal so these abundant resources can continue to be exploited responsibly
- Discover examples and best practices from other industries
- Find out how government and business leaders plan to address the energy demand
- Share ideas and network with business associates in a rewarding, off-the-record setting
- Understand how the new energy landscape is creating new opportunities to address our continent’s challenges, improve the way we work, impact training and development and attract new talent and technology to Africa.
Delegates, drawn from all continents, represent an unrivalled combination of industry experts, project developers, financiers, energy users, government officials and manufacturers.
NETWORK WITH PERSONALITIES IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Government & Municipality
- Project Developers/Consultants/Analysts
- Environmental Engineering
- Equipment & Technology Solutions
- Automotive & Transport
- Green Energy
- Commodity Traders / Agents & Brokers
- Associations & Press
REGISTER TO ATTEND THE AFRICA ENERGY INDABA 2017 AND BENEFIT FROM:
- Networking amongst more than 600 senior level energy sector experts and decision-makers planning and developing the 21st century energy requirements for Africa.
- Hearing from more than 160 expert speakers discussing the latest and best industry practice.
- Visiting over 100 leading energy suppliers showcasing the latest technologies, equipment and services.
- Reviewing policy and regulation, industry progress and changing market trends.
Wastewater treatment plants could depend less on Eskom by using the biogas formed onsite. This is according to wastewater solutions company WEC Projects. The company explains that methane rich biogas, […]
Opinion piece by Bruce Raw, Energy Programme Manager at GreenCape The process of grid liberalisation is already underway in South Africa, but rather than being seen as threat, it presents opportunities for […]
Eskom was dealt another blow this week after global ratings agency Standard & Poor’s (S&P) downgraded the power utility’s credit rating from BB+ to BB. S&P said Eskom faced increased financial […]
Gas-to-power energy is a globally proven energy generating technology that presents new and exciting opportunities for South Africa, according to Sabine Dall’Omo, Siemans CEO. Dall’Omo added that the localisation of […]
South Africa will have to wait for more months in order to relaunch its affordable energy programme with the construction of about six to eight reactors with a capacity of 9 […]